Rock Candy (Crystal Sakar) 200g
Rock Candy (Crystal Sakar) is composed of larger crystals of regular sugar. The crystals are formed by allowing a supersaturated solution of sugar and water to crystallise. They crystallise on the surface suitable for crystal nucleation. When the water is heated before adding the sugar crystals makes it possible to dissolve more sugar, this produces larger crystals of sugar. These crystals form in 6 to 7 days. There are also candies available in different colours for attracting children. The colour is added to the mixture while preparing the crystals. They originated in Iran. Crystals were created while cooling the supersaturated sugar solution. The crystallisation is accelerated by immersing small twigs in the solution, that allows the crystals to grow on. These crystals are coloured with cochineal and indigo. The aroma and flavour are added with the help of ambergris or flower essence. They are generally used to be dissolved in tea. These crystals are placed at the bottom of the tea cups. It is an old traditional way of drinking tea in Iran. The other important ingredient of tea is saffron. It is also used in Chinese tradition for cooking. They are used to marinate meat. It is used for stir frying foods in China. Rock sugar is for the wealthy people in less modern times. Rock candy is widely used in India. They are served along with fennel seeds. They are had in a tablespoon just after the meal. As they give a freshness to the mouth and gives good breath. It is used differently in each tradition and culture of different countries. The main use is 'Misri'. Misri includes crystallised sugar lumps with coloured fennel seeds with a sugar coating. They are also used widely for adding in tea or milk. There are much more uses of rock candy-like used for alcoholic liqueurs and cocktails. Their original colour is white but they are also available in different colours and flavours.
Rock Candy (Crystal Sakar)
Place of Origin
Types of Product
Uses of Product
- Rock Candy (Crystal Sakar) is used for making tea.
- Rock Candy (Crystal Sakar) is used for treating cough and cold.
- They are used for making mishri.
- It is made with a solution of sugarcane and the sap of Palmyra palm tree.
- Rock Candy (Crystal Sakar) is used for curing cough.
- They help in improving memory and relieve mental fatigue.
- They are good for a healthy eyesight.
- Rock Candy (Crystal Sakar) is used for curing a cold, throat infection etc.
- Rock Candy (Crystal Sakar) helps in treating impotence in men.
- It helps in dissolving kidney stones.
- They give relief in stomach aches.
- Rock Candy (Crystal Sakar) is used for better breath.
- They help in improving milk production
- in lactating mothers.
- They help in healing mouth ulcers.
- They prevent nasal bleeding.
- Rock Candy (Crystal Sakar) cures coasting of voice.
- They help in maintaining body weight.
- They are used to treat piles.
Rock Candy (Crystal Sakar) is highly preferred as mishri that is had after a meal.
Serving 1 (1 stick)
Total Fat 7g
• Saturated 2g
• Trans 0g
Sodium 851 mg
Potassium 658 mg
Total carbs 20g
• Dietary Fiber 5g
• Sugars 14g
Vitamin A 23%
Vitamin C 22%
Mandi Bazaar (in agreement with the sellers) is providing a FREE DELIVERY to the residents of Auckland area (excluding rural areas and islands like Waiheke) for orders over $25 and weight below 25 kgs. If the order is less than $25 or weight above 25 kgs, there is a shipping charge of $5.00.
The time taken for an order to be delivered is 1 to 10 working days and this time frame can be extended, according to the work load or any unforeseen circumstances.
Auckland Urban (Auckland City, North Shore City, Waitakere City, Manukau City and Papakura) for orders above $25.00 and weight below 25 kgs
Auckland Urban (Auckland City, North Shore City, Waitakere City, Manukau City and Papakura) for orders below $25.00 or weight above 25 kgs
Auckland Rural (including Zip Codes starting with 07, 08, 09, 18, 19, 25, 26 and Waiheke Island) and rest of North Island - The final freight charges depends upon the weight and package dimensions.
Starts from $10.00
South Island, New Zealand - The final freight charges depends upon the weight and package dimensions.
Starts from $16.00