- Ready To Eat & Mix
- Indian Snacks / Namkeens
- Spices / Masalas
- Noodles & Soups
- Rice & Atta
- Pickles, Sauces & Pastes
- Indian Sweets
- Lentils / Dals / Dhal
- Mukhwas and Churan
- Pappadums & Khakra
- Dry Fruit
- Ghee & Oil
- General Groceries
- Breakfast & Drinks
- Fruit & Vegetables
- Health & Beauty
- Kitchen & Homeware
- Festival & Pooja Items
Gur Gajjak 400g
Gur Gajjak is a traditional sweet of India. They are made with gur which is jaggery in Hindi. The other main ingredient of this sweet is nuts. There can be any nut but for this preparation, Gajak is the name given to any nut that is bound together with sugar or jaggery. Peanuts are the most popular ingredient of gajak. The roasted peanuts are de-skinned and used for preparing this sweet. A syrup is prepared with gur or gajjery by adding water to the crushed jaggery and boiling the mixture. When they boil the jaggery must get dissolved. When they are cooled down the roasted ground nuts are added to the syrup and are poured into a shallow dish. They are left there for a night till they get solidified. When they are solid they can be cut into any shape of your choice and served. For better taste some sesame seeds, pistachios and cardamom are also added to the mixture. The peanuts are roasted in clarified butter or ghee. This gives the peanuts an attractive aroma and flavour. This sweet dish is famous in both north and south India. It is a favourite among people of all age. In southern part, this is topped with coloured grated coconut flakes. It gives the dish more taste. These sweets must be stored in cool place and they must be stored in airtight jars as they melt away when they come in contact with higher temperature. Gur Gajjak is sweet and crispy with the dark brown colour coating. Try this sweet anytime anywhere, it is very addicting. Due to the presence of peanuts, they are very healthy to be had anytime.
Ingredients: Jaggery, sesame seeds, jaggery, clarified butter cashew, pistachio, sesame seed oil and cardamom.
Place of Origin
Types of Product
Uses of Product
- Gur Gajjak is used be-be had in winter.
- Gur Gajjak is given as a gift on different occasions.
- Gur Gajjak is prepared for festivals.
- Gur Gajjak is used for making halwas of it.
- Gur Gajjak provides relief from rheumatoid arthritis.
- The presence of magnesium supports vascular and respiratory health.
- Gur Gajjak has calcium that prevents cancer.
- The zinc helps in strengthening bones.
- Gur Gajjak lowers cholesterol level in blood.
- Gur Gajjak balances blood pressure.
- It has anti-inflammatory qualities in it.
- Gur Gajjak provides a remedy for sunburns.
- Gur Gajjak is a good massage oil for babies.
- Gur Gajjak gives glowing healthy skin.
- Gur Gajjak heals cracked heels.
- Gur Gajjak gives healthy hair.
- Gur Gajjak is a good source of protein.
- Gur Gajjak is a natural stress buster.
Gur Gajjak is preferred in winter days with tea or coffee. Or it is just had plain.
Serving 1 (30g)
Total Fat 9g
• Saturated 2g
• Trans 0g
• Polyunsaturated 0g
• Monounsaturated 0g
Total carbs 17g
• Dietary Fiber 0g
• Sugars 13g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%