Gur Revdi 100g
Gur Revdi is a sweet popular in India. They are made with gur or jaggery. The main ingredient of this sweet is jaggery and sesame seeds. In Hindi they are known as til. Generally, white til is used but black til is also used for this preparation. There are a number of varieties of revdi available in India. They are enjoyed throughout the world. Traditionally they were made with sugar syrup that makes them tough and hard. But this gur rebdi are soft and sweet. The preparation of gur rebdi includes dry roasting the sesame seeds and mixing them with gur and making their small balls that are flattened with hands. These small balls when solidifies they get a sweet, soft and aromatic taste. The taste is attracting and mouthwatering. They get melted inside the mouth easily. Due to the health benefits of both sesame seeds and gur, they are considered as a healthy sweet that can be consumed anytime. This is a favourite among children as well as adults. The revdi made with sugar syrup has a white colour but this gur revdi has a brown colour. They are not advised to be had in larger quantities as they may be harmful in a larger amount. They provide instant energy, therefore, they can be consumed at any time when you feel exhausted. The gur revdi is famous in north India but it is also popular in other part of the country. Try this ready to eat sweet that is available at your place easily. There is no need of preparing this sweet at home anymore. Experience the authentic traditional taste of revdi. This is prepared for a festival of Holi in India. They are distributed among friends and relatives for sweet relationships.
- Gur Revdi
- Til ki chikki
Place of Origin
Types of Product
Uses of Product
- Gur Revdi is had as a sweet toffee during festivals.
- Gur Revdi is given as prasad after the Hindu pujas.
- Gur Revdi is prepared just for a tea time snack.
- Gur Revdi is the main sweet of Lohri or Makar Sankranti.
- It is given as an offering to God.
- Gur Revdi provides instant energy due to the presence of sugar ingredient.
- It is a high Source of Cholesterol that lowers phytosterols
- Gur Revdi prevents heart problems.
- It improves Blood Pressure
- Gur Revdi aids in balancing hormones
- It is found that it fights against cancer.
- Gur Revdi helps in burning the body fat and providing energy.
- Gur Revdi boosts the absorption of nutrients.
- Gur Revdi is a good source of minerals and vitamins.
Gur Revdi is highly preferred as a snack during festivals.
Serving 1 (200g)
Total Fat 20g
• Saturated 7g
• Trans 0g
• Polyunsaturated 8g
• Monounsaturated 5g
Total carbs 161g
• Dietary Fiber 0g
• Sugars 32g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Mandi Bazaar (in agreement with the sellers) is providing a FREE DELIVERY to the residents of Auckland area (not including rural areas and islands like Waiheke) for orders over $25. If the order is less than $25, there is a shipping charge of $5.00.
The time taken for an order to be delivered is 1 to 10 working days and this time frame can be extended, according to the work load or any unforeseen circumstances.
Auckland Urban (Auckland City, North Shore City, Waitakere City, Manukau City and Papakura) for orders above $25.00
Auckland Urban (Auckland City, North Shore City, Waitakere City, Manukau City and Papakura) for orders below $25.00
Auckland Rural and rest of North Island (depends upon weight)
Starts from $10.00
South Island, New Zealand (depends upon weight)
Starts from $15.00