Kabuli Chana / Chick Peas 1KgNirmal
Chick Peas/Kabuli Chana 1kg
Chick Peas/Kabuli Chana is a legume cultivated for their health benefits. They are known as Kabuli Chana because they are found to be from Kabul, Afghanistan. They are lighter in colour as compared to other grams. They also have lighter and softer skin or covering that is easy to be peeled on cooking. They are used for making different varieties of dishes. The main use of chickpeas in India is to make chole. Chole is a curry made with selected spices and chickpeas boiled together. They are made into darker colour by adding a bag of black tea while they are cooked. The darker colour looks yummier than the light coloured chickpeas. They are also used to be boiled and fried in oil with mustard and curry leaves and they are served as a snack with tea or coffee. They softness, when cooked, makes then a mouthwatering dish. They have a good amount of protein content in them. Therefore it is a good food for the people who are pure vegetarian. They are also used for making their flours for different purposes. Due to their health benefits, they are recommended to be had on a daily basis. It is said that they improve the brain functioning. They are soaked in water, then tied in a linen cloth for sprouting them. These sprouted chickpeas are good for brain, skin and eyes health. These chickpeas are selected individually for the best seeds without any damage or infection. These chickpeas are found in green pods. A single pod contains a single gram. They are also consumed when young and immature. The immature gram tastes sweeter.
- Chick Peas
- Kabuli Chana
- Bengal gram
- Garbanzo bean
- Egyptian pea.
Place of Origin
Types of Product
Uses of Product
- Chick Peas/Kabuli Chana are used for dressing salads.
- Chick Peas/Kabuli Chana are made into curry.
- Chick Peas/Kabuli Chana are roasted and had as a snack
- Chick Peas/Kabuli Chana are soaked in water for sprouting and eating them.
- They are made into flour for making different snacks and dishes.
- It is used for making pancakes.
- They are used for making hummus paste and chutney.
- Chick Peas/Kabuli Chana is used for making chaat.
- It is sprouted and some ingredients like tomato, onions and lemon juice are added to it to make is a delicious dish.
- It is used for adding in pani puri.
- Chick Peas/Kabuli Chana are rich in protein.
- They have a good amount of iron and sodium. Therefore it is good for anaemia.
- They are a good source of folic acid and fibre.
- Chick Peas/Kabuli Chana acts as antioxidants.
- They reduce the risk of heart problems.
- It strengthens the immune system of the body.
- It is good for diabetic patients as it utilises glucose faster.
- Chick Peas/Kabuli Chana are good for digestion, dysentery, vomiting and diarrhoea.
Chick Peas/Kabuli Chana are highly preferred for making a curry that is served for lunch or dinner. They are also served in breakfast and as a snack for tea time.
Serving 1 (164g)
Total Fat 4g
• Saturated 0g
• Trans 0g
• Polyunsaturated 0g
• Monounsaturated 0g
Total carbs 45g
• Dietary Fiber 12g
• Sugars 8g
Vitamin A 1%
Vitamin C 4%