- Ready To Eat & Mix
- Indian Snacks / Namkeens
- Spices / Masalas
- Noodles & Soups
- Rice & Atta
- Pickles, Sauces & Pastes
- Indian Sweets
- Lentils / Dals / Dhal
- Mukhwas and Churan
- Pappadums & Khakra
- Dry Fruit
- Ghee & Oil
- General Groceries
- Breakfast & Drinks
- Fruit & Vegetables
- Health & Beauty
- Kitchen & Homeware
- Festival & Pooja Items
- Frozen and Chilled Foods
- Chocolates & Gums
Mandi Bazaar, Im impressed with your service... Well done.....
Good service and prices are reasonable.
5 star service....will shop again soon
Pista Burfi 1KgNirmal
Pista Burfi 1Kg
Pista Burfi is a dessert made with pistachio paste or powder. It is a popular dish made for festivals in India. ‘Pista’ is the Hindi name of ‘Pistachios’ and ‘barfi’ is the diamond shaped sweets. Pista is a green colour nut like badam with shells that are easily openable and they are found in trees. The kernels are green tanned due to the chlorophyll. Pista burfis are generally decorated with silver leaf that is edible. This pista burfi is also used for making kaju pista burfi in which ‘kaju’ that is cashews are added to it. It seems like a difficult dish but it is one of the simplest and less time taking sweet that can be prepared for any occasion easily. It is mild nutty in flavour and has an attractive green colour. To add more flavour to this sweet cardamom powder is also added to this. This sweet can be made by sandwiching some nuts and saffron in between them. It is the most liked dessert among children and adults. Pistachios are found in markets with shells, with slightly opened shells and salted pistas. Pista can be eaten raw from the tree or market. They are rich in taste. Pistas are available in small, medium and large size. For this barfi large size is used for making the task of grinding and making paste easier. In India, Pista Burfi is easily available in any sweet shop or bakery. They are specially brought for festivals and other functions. They are given to family and friends as a present. There are many other dishes that can be made with pista burfi. They increase the consistency of any liquid dessert and add aroma and flavour of pista and cardamom. Try pista burfi once and you will ask for more.
Place of Origin
Types of Product
Uses of Product
- Pista Burfi is used as a dessert.
- They can be used in baking and cooking
- They can be made into liquid kheer or other delicacies.
- They can be added to halwa to increase the consistency.
- They can be dissolved in milk to make healthy drink
- Pista Burfi can be stuffed into parathas.
- Pista Burfi is rich in potassium that regulates body fluid.
- It increases the bone and teeth health.
- The presence of magnesium helps in proving energy.
- Vitamin b6 in Pista burfi helps in enhancing appetite.
- They are cholesterol free and has low saturated fat.
- They are high in fibre and protein.
- They reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Pista also has antioxidants that reduce the risk of cancer.
- Pista burfi strengthens the immunity of the body.
Pista Burfi is highly preferred as dessert after lunch or dinner.
Serving 1 (100g)
Total Fat 0g
• Saturated 0g
• Trans 0g
• Polyunsaturated 0g
• Monounsaturated 0g
Total carbs 0g
• Dietary Fiber 0g
• Sugars 0g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%