Betel Leaves / Pan ka Patta 10 leaves
Note: Please let us know in advance if you would like to place an order of this item as we need to arrange fresh for you.
Betel leaf is perennial and has a heart shaped appearance. It is also called as paan ka patta. It is a Hindi name for betel leaf and areca nut together. It is also combined with tobacco. They are wrapped together and chewed for some time. It can be spat out or swallowed after chewing for some time. This pan has many types. The basic type includes a paste made of slaked lime along with the other ingredients. Some places katha and mukhwas are also available with this combination for a freshness in the mouth. Betel Leaf is a vine leaf that is consumed in most of the Indian subcontinent and other parts of Asia. It is accompanied with Areca nut or tobacco. In southern parts of India, this betel leaf is offered to the guests as a mark of respect on auspicious occasions. Money is given by wrapping it in this leaf. This is considered as a token of respect. Eating this pan which is the combination of all the ingredients in not healthy as it makes the person get addicted to it. It is found that chewing betel leaf can cause cancer as in contains carcinogenic agents. It was eaten by many people of the old. Betel is known for its medicinal properties and mild stimulant. In Vietnamese culture, there is a saying "the betel leaf begins the conversation". It symbolises to break the ice in an awkward conversation. There also is traditionally used in the weddings. The groom offers the betel and nut to the bride’s parents in exchange of the bride. It has become an ideal symbol for love and bonding in married couples.
Paan ka patta
Place of Origin
Types of Product
Uses of Product
- Betel Leaves / Panka Patta is used for eating with areca nuts and chunnam or slaked lime paste.
- It is used for giving money to the priest and elders in Hinduism.
- It is used to welcome the guests in marriages.
- Paan ka patta is used to be exchanged in Vietnamese culture for a bride.
- It is had for the treatment of many illnesses like healing wounds.
- Betel leaf gives relief from body aches and muscular tensions.
- It is used for healing wounds.
- It gives relief in constipation.
- It improves the food digestion.
- Betel leaf is good for increasing the hunger.
- Betel leaf lowers the pain caused by gas.
- It has antioxidants.
- It keeps the mouth healthy.
- It heals any respiratory problems, coughs and bronchitis.
- Betel leaf is used for antiseptic and antifungal properties.
- Betel leaf helps in retaining body fluids.
- It keeps the skin healthy.
- It is used for treating problems in the ear.
- It keeps the vagina healthy from itching and other problems.
- Betel leaf prevents nose bleeding.
- It refreshes the breath.
Betel Leaves / Panka Patta is highly preferred in traditional ceremonies and functions. Some people eat it with other ingredients regularly.
Serving 1 (100g)
Total Fat 19g
- Saturated 9g
- Trans 0g
- Polyunsaturated 0g
- Monounsaturated 0g
- Cholesterol 49mg
- Sodium 1063mg
- Potassium 0mg
- Total carbs 43g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 18g
- Vitamin A 16%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 27%
- Iron 21%
Mandi Bazaar (in agreement with the sellers) is providing a FREE DELIVERY to the residents of Auckland area (excluding rural areas and islands like Waiheke) for orders over $99 and weight below 25kg. If the order is less than $99 and\or weight above 25kg, there will be shipping charges accordingly.
The time taken for an order to be delivered is 1 to 10 working days and this time frame can be extended, according to the work load or any unforeseen circumstances.
Auckland Urban (Auckland City, North Shore City, Waitakere City, Manukau City and Papakura) for orders above $99 and weight below 25kg
Auckland Urban (Auckland City, North Shore City, Waitakere City, Manukau City and Papakura) for orders below $99 or weight above 25kg
Auckland Rural (including Zip Codes starting with 07, 08, 09, 1081, 18, 19, 24, 25, 26 and Waiheke Island) and rest of North Island - The final freight charges depends upon the weight and package dimensions.
Starts from $10.00
South Island, New Zealand - The final freight charges depends upon the weight and package dimensions.
Starts from $16.00